Healthcare Scene, the friendliest and most helpful media outlet in healthcare, today announced the honorees for the 2020 HITMC Awards celebrating the best in marketing, PR, and communications for healthcare and Health IT.
The Healthcare and IT Marketing Community (HITMC) is a tight-knit group of professionals that share a passion for improving healthcare, helping others, and who love marketing. Every year, the community comes together to honor the individuals and organizations that have distinguished themselves.
Three honorees for each category were chosen by an evaluation committee. The 2020 HITMC Award winners will be announced at a special online event on Tuesday, June 30th at noon ET. Everyone is invited to watch the awards ceremony live. Register here. Listed beow are some of that categories and honorees that I’m most excited about (many are clients of my firm!). I’m honored to have my blog nominated in the Blog of the Year category.
Provider – Marketing Person of the Year
This award recognizes the outstanding work and achievement of a marketing, PR or communications professional, who works at a healthcare provider organization. This person has demonstrated outstanding leadership, resourcefulness, creativity and teamwork over the past year.
- David Elstein – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. David is a one person marketing department. He does everything from recording and hosting podcasts to running the organization’s social media presence to managing all communications with ABOS’ 27,000 orthopaedic surgeon diplomates. The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery is the organization that establishes and maintains the educational and performance standards for orthopaedic surgeons.
- Suzanne Hendery – Renown Health. Suzanne leads perhaps the most dynamic marketing team among provider organizations. Their thought leadership marketing program has put the organization on the national map! Their CEO, Dr. Tony Slonim who is featured in the campaign, was named to Modern Healthcare’s list of 50 Most Influential Physician Leaders. The campaign has led to articles, podcasts, webinars, and conference speaking engagements.
- Lorraine McGrath – Signature Healthcare. Lorraine led Signature Healthcare through a dramatic shift of organizational culture as it moved to embrace patient safety as its #1 priority. Running a seriously under-resourced marketing department at a small hospital in Massachusetts, Lorraine has overseen the development and execution of a phenomenal patient safety campaign that has Signature Healthcare recognized as one of the safest hospitals in America
Provider – Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year
This award recognizes the best marketing or PR campaign by a healthcare provider organization this past year based on results achieved, creativity, innovation and visual/audio appeal.
- Renown Health – Thought leadership content campaign
- Signature Healthcare – Patient safety campaign
- Society of Critical Care Medicine – Critical Care Congress
Provider – Social Media Use/Campaign of the Year
This award recognizes the best use of social media or social media campaign by a healthcare provider organization this past year based on results achieved, creativity, innovation and overall appeal.
Individual – Blog of the Year
This award is given to the author(s) of the best healthcare related blog of the past year. The blog must not be affiliated with any company.
Provider – Blog of the Year
This award is given to the healthcare organization with the best blog of the past year based on quality of content, frequency of updates and overall presentation.
- Shine Online – Methodist Health System
- Live Well Lamoille – Copley Hospital
- Patient Stories – UC Davis<Because of the tremendous response in 2019, the 2020 HITMC Awards were expanded to a record 27 categories including: Agency of the Year, Health IT Marketer of the Year, Provider Best Social Media Use, Patient Advocate of the Year, Podcast of the Year, 2020 Rising Star and many more.
Provider – Video of the Year
This award is given to the best video by a healthcare provider organization this past year based on quality of content, creativity, and overall appeal.
- Lawrence General Hospital – Heart & Vascular Disease: Get the Facts!
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System – Triple Bypass Surgery at age 98
- UHN Toronto – MRI-guided radiation therapy
Provider – Website of the Year
This award is given to the best healthcare provider website based on ease of navigation, visual appeal, mobile experience and quality of content.
Among the many extraordinary organizations who were nominated, the following stand out as an honoree in multiple categories: MEDITECH, MEDHOST, Optimum Healthcare IT, Solutionreach, Signature Healthcare, Renown Health, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, TrustHCS, Lenovo, WebPT, AdvancedMD, Anderson Interactive, KNB Communications, and Matter Communications.
For a full list of honorees, please visit <ARTICLE LINK>
HITMC is first and foremost a community – bound together by a passion for and a love of PR, communications and marketing in healthcare and Health IT. The central idea behind HITMC is to bring together all the smart, innovative and hard-working healthcare professionals so that we can learn from each other. We enable this by creating a culture where sharing, mutual respect and lifting each other up is the norm. This is the essence of HITMC. This is what makes HITMC special. For more information, visit www.hitmc.com
About Healthcare Scene
Through digital publications, social media and live-events, Healthcare Scene connects people to the information and brands they need to affect change in healthcare. Since 2005, we have helped hundreds of Health IT, consulting and technology companies grow their healthcare business through a range of innovative marketing solutions. We are the only company that offers 100% performance guarantees with all media packages. For more information, visit www.healthcarescene.com