Last week my team and I compiled a list of digital health and Health IT conferences for a client who is looking to secure speaking engagements within that realm. (Please note that for many of these the deadline for 2017 submissions has long passed. Even some 2018 submission deadlines have passed.) Once we compiled the list, I thought it would be good to share it on my blog. It also occurred to me that I could use this platform to crowdsource additional recommendations.
Here’s my initial list; it is far from comprehensive. Please feel free to send me your recommendations and additions. Please don’t be offended if I left out your favorite conference:
- Connected Health Conference (partnering with HIMSS):
- October 25-27, 2017, Boston http://www.connectedhealthconf.org/boston/2017
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- March 5-9 2018, Las Vegas http://www.himssconference.org/
- Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC):
- October 23-25, 2017, Austin, Texas
- Digital Health Summit
- January 10-11 2018, Las Vegas
- Digital Health Word Congress
- November 29 – 30, 2017, London
- HIT Summit
- Raleigh, NC, October 19-20
- March 9-17, 2018, Austin, TX
- Stanford Medicine X
- This is not specifically a digital health conference but it fit our criteria for this specific client.
- September 15-17, 2017 https://medicinex.stanford.edu/our-greatest-opportunity/
- Stanford Medicine X Ed 2018, March 24-25, 2018 http://medxlive.wpengine.com/medicine-x-ed-2018-registrations/
- #HITMC Conference
- Health IT Marketing & PR Conference
- April 4 – 6, 2018, New Orleans
- Annual Thought Leadership on Access Symposium (ATLAS).
- Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston, September 19 – 20
Steve Sisko contacted me with a number of additional conference recommendations. In my initial list I intentionally left several of these off because I was listing digital conference only – not simply healthcare conference, but all of the events on Steve’s list are worthy of consideration; I’ve pasted them below. For those of you who don’t know Steve, he shares info and tweets live from healthcare conferences via his @ShimCode and @HITConfGuy Twitter accounts. He’s a terrific resource.
- 2017 National Forum on Quality Improvement in Healthcare: http://www.ihi.org/education/Conferences/Forum2017/Pages/default.aspx
- 2018 Congress on Healthcare Leadership (ACHE) https://www.ache.org/congress/
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Convention & Exhibit: http://www.ahima.org/convention
- Health 2.0 Conferences
- Health DataPalooza: http://www.academyhealth.org/events/site/2018-health-datapalooza
- Health IT Summit (Series of these in regional cities): https://www.healthcare-informatics.com/page2/health-it-summit-series-calendar-events
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA): 2018 Annual National Institute https://www.hfma.org/ani/
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) 2017 Annual Conference: http://www.mgma.com/annual-conference/register
- Medical Informatics World Conference: https://10times.com/medical-informatics-world
- MedTech Impact: https://www.medtechimpact.com/
- SHSMD Connections 2017 Annual Conference: http://www.shsmd.org/conference/17/
- TEDMED – Not sure if they have a 2018 conference
- World Health Care Congress – Lots of good events: http://www.worldcongress.com/events/
I also offered up a couple of patient engagement conferences because they fit within this organization’s area of focus.
- MedCity Engage – Innovation in Patient Engagement
- October 23-24, 2017, San Diego
- Patient Experience Conference
- Produced by the Beryl Institute
- April 16-18, 2018, Chicago
- Call for submissions for 2018 is closed. Look to 2019.
And remember, October 2-6, 2017 is National Health IT week – a nationwide awareness week focused on the value of health IT. Mark your calendars!
Here are some others that I believe are good healthcare conferences:
2017 National Forum on Quality Improvement in Healthcare: http://www.ihi.org/education/Conferences/Forum2017/Pages/default.aspx
2018 Congress on Healthcare Leadership (ACHE) https://www.ache.org/congress/
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Convention & Exhibit: http://www.ahima.org/convention
Health 2.0 Conferences – Merged with HIMSS?
Health DataPalooza: http://www.academyhealth.org/events/site/2018-health-datapalooza
Health IT Summit (Series of these in regional cities): https://www.healthcare-informatics.com/page2/health-it-summit-series-calendar-events
Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA): 2018 Annual National Institute https://www.hfma.org/ani/
Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) 2017 Annual Conference: http://www.mgma.com/annual-conference/register
Medical Informatics World Conference: https://10times.com/medical-informatics-world
MedTech Impact: https://www.medtechimpact.com/
SHSMD Connections 2017 Annual Conference: http://www.shsmd.org/conference/17/
TEDMED – Not sure if they have a 2018 conference
World Health Care Congress – Lots of good events: http://www.worldcongress.com/events/
I often share info and tweet live from healthcare conferences via my @ShimCode and @HITConfGuy Twitter accounts
Thanks Steve! Much appreciated.
Hi Dan – Do you have a list of 2018 Digital Health Conferences?
Pingback: Top 2018 conferences for digital health - Mobius MD