I’ve conducted two social media workshops over the last two weeks. The interaction with these groups got me thinking about many of the principles that guide my daily social media activities. Here are a few healthcare social media affirmations that I embrace:
- It can’t always be about my organization. It must be about the people we strive to serve.
- I don’t spew content mindlessly. I share content that is relevant to our community and I invite comment.
- I work every day to create online environments where people feel safe leaving comments and engaging in conversations.
- I am kind and gracious – even in the face of adversity.
- I welcome negative comments with a smile, and learn from them.
- Listening will make me a better marketer and community manager.
- I recognize that comments are gifts – whether positive or negative. And I treat them as such. I always let the individual know how much I appreciate his or her participation and input.
- I engage in social media to build community. Community is the pathway to creating understanding and deeper engagement with my organization’s brand.
- I thank everyone for their participation. Every time.
- I always put my best foot forward, knowing the community is watching.
- I model positive community behavior and others will respond.
What do you think? Are there any affirmations you’d like to add to the list?