An incredible lineup of national speakers, all healthcare marketing thought leaders, will be presenting at the Annual Conference of the New England Society for Healthcare Communications, May 20-22 in Boston. The content will be out of this world. (As a bonus, Erica Ayotte of Hootsuite is doing a special workshop on Wednesday afternoon, May 20, on the nuts and bolts of social media. I am a big Hootsuite fan, and can’t wait to participate in the workshop.)
Check out some of the speakers. These are my friends and people I hold in high esteem as healthcare marketers.
- Chris Bevolo – Author of Joe Public Doesn’t Care About Your Hospital, and his latest book, Embracing the New Paradigm: A Strategic Guide to Digital and Content Marketing for Hospitals and Health Systems. I’ve known Chris for years and think he’s one of the smartest and most grounded people in healthcare marketing. Some of you may know Chris from his the Arrogant Healthcare Marketing Bastards podcast. I’ve been fortunate to be his guest on the podcast in the past. Chris is best known for helping healthcare organizations re-envision what their marketing could be, re-energizing management and inspiring staff to think bigger and act differently.
- Jamie Verkamp, Managing Partner and Chief Speaking Officer at (e)Merge – Jamie is an expert in helping physician practices and hospitals improve the patient experience and create measurable growth in customer service, referral volumes and bottom lines. I’m met Jamie years ago at the Mayo Clinic and have considered her a friend ever since. You can expect her presentation to be right on point! You’ll leave her presentation ready to put her ideas into action at your organization.
- Ahava Leibtag, AHA Media Group – Ahava will be talking about content strategy and developing winning content for your organization. She is the author of The Digital Crown: Winning at Content on the Web. When people contact me looking for a content development specialist in healthcare and its a project my firm can’t handle due to a client conflict, I usually refer them to Ahava.
The conference will also feature several speakers from hospitals and health systems across New England. (They are even letting me present, if you can believe that!) Below are a few of my favorites!
- Jeff Steblea, Market Street Research
- John Bidwell, Baystate Health
- Michael Esordi, Care New England Health System
- Julia Sorensen, Cooley Dickinson Health Care
- Laura Pierce, Tufts Medical Center
- Brooke Hynes, Tufts Medical Center
I hope to see you at the conference. Here’s the link for conference information and registration.