A year ago I met Brett Doucette at the SHSMD conference in Pheonix, Arizona. At the time, Brett was a web content and social media specialist for Phoenix Children’s Hospital. On the side, Brett serves on the adjunct faculty of Ashford University. He contacted me a couple of weeks ago asking if I would record podcast with him for his class on Healthcare Social Media. If you knew Brett, you’d understand why I was happy to help him out. He’s a great guy and a top notch marketer.
Today Brett emailed me a link to the podcast that now resides on YouTube. As long as it is already out there, and Brett invested the time in producing it, I decided I would share it in this forum. (I apologize for the audio quality but it was a phone interview…) Here are some of the questions we covered during the interview:
1) Tell me what role you play with social media.
2) Specific to healthcare, what eHealth trends have you most paid attention to?
3) Again specific to healthcare, what strategies would you employ to build and engage an audience?
4) What do you think is the future of social media in healthcare?
5) Are there any disadvantages of using social media when communicating with patients?
6) What advice or tips would you give to students that are using/will use social media at their workplace?