Today in Orlando is the start of the Physician Strategies Summit, jointly sponsored by the Forum for Healthcare Strategists (of which I am a member) and the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine. I’m attending the conference, and speaking on Tuesday morning. One of the thing I always do at these events is make a point of connecting with industry colleagues over the course of the conference. I find that the networking and conversations are often more enriching than the session – even with really solid educational sessions.
Here’s a list of a few of the people that I recommend you introduce yourself to while attending the Physician Strategies Summit:
- Dean Berg, Digital Strategist at Anicca Media, LLC – You can follow Dean on Twitter: @deanberg.
- Russell Faust, MD, Chief, Pediatric ENT, St. John/Providence Health System, Ascension Health Michigan and Chief Medical Officer, Annica Media, LLC
- Wendy Sue Swanson, MD – Keynote speaker, pediatrician, blogger
- Kevin Robinson, Communications Director, Southwestern Vermont Medical Center – Kevin is my co-presenter on Tuesday
- Linda MacCracken, VP, Product Management Healthcare & Science, Thomson Reuters
- Gabrielle DeTora, Interim Chief Marketing Officer at Mercy Health System
- And of course, Dan Dunlop (yours truly). If you see me wandering around aimlessly, please stop me and say hello. One of the benefits of attending events like this is the opportunity to meet peers for the first time.