Earlier today, Mark Gothberg of eHealthcare Strategy & Trends sent me an email nudge about entering the eHealthcare Leadership (Web) Awards. The deadline for submissions is June 30th. This awards program exclusively recognizes the very best Web sites of healthcare organizations (both large and small), online health companies, pharmaceutical/medical equipment firms, suppliers, and business improvement initiatives. As digital communications become more relevant to healthcare marketing, I foresee more and more hospitals entering this type of competition. Hence the blog post.
The email from Mark contained a list of 10 reasons an organization should consider entering the eHealthcare Leadership Awards competition. I thought I’d share them with you here, along with submission information (please note I have no affiliation with the awards competition or the sponsoring organization):
Here are some key reasons to enter now (quoted from the email):
1. This is the pre-eminent and largest Web awards program that exclusively honors the very best healthcare sites and business development initiatives.
2. With 17 different organizational classifications, you only compete against others of similar size and resources.
3. There are 13 award categories to enter, offering many opportunities to select your particular area or areas of excellence. There are two new categories this year!
4. Platinum, gold, silver, and distinction awards may be given in every classification for each of the 13 award categories.
5. Sites will be judged by individuals familiar with healthcare and the Internet.
6. Even if your site won last year, it makes sense to apply again. Demonstrate that it is still one of the best.
7. Sites do not have to be fully launched at the time of entry. Judging doesn’t start until later in July/early August.
8. Intranets can be judged without direct access.
9. Entries are accepted until June 30 without late fee penalties.
10. Winners will be honored this fall during the Fifteenth Annual Healthcare Internet Conference in Orlando and in many other ways.
For detailed information and to complete an entry form, visit http://www.strategichealthcare.com/awards. Or call us at 914/967-6741 to obtain an entry form.
Post by Dan Dunlop, The Healthcare Marketer