One of the common question I get from readers of my blog is what conferences are best for healthcare marketers. I always answer that there are two “can’t miss” events – and one of those is the annual Healthcare Marketing Strategies Summit. This year the conference takes place in Orlando, FL – March 27-29, 2011. I’ve been fortunate to be a speaker at the last three Summit conferences and will be speaking again this year. I’ll be presenting with Brooke Tyson Hynes of Tufts Medical Center. We’re going to share our experience using hospital mommy blogs to engage the busy and all-important mommy audience. This is a trend that is just starting to catch on within the healthcare industry.
Last week I spoke with Judy Neiman, the president of the Forum for Healthcare Strategists. The Forum puts on the Summit Conference. Judy is also a member of my healthcare marketing community on Ning (http://healthcaremarketing.ning.com). Judy made a very generous offer: Anyone who signs up for the Healthcare Marketing Strategies Summit, and mentions that they saw this on my blog, will get $100 off the standard registration fee. This is for new registrations only. (I get no financial reward – only goodwill!)
You can’t ask for a better conference – or a better location. Several of my friends are bringing their families down for a Disney vacation on the back end of the conference. The event will feature some of the top minds in the field. A few of the speakers that have caught my eye include:
- Karen Corrigan, Corrigan Partners
- Chris Boyer, Senior Manager, Digital Communications, Inova Health System
- Daniel Fell, Executive Vice President, Neathawk Dubuque & Packett
- Gabrielle DeTora, Strategic Marketing Consultant, Gabrielle DeTora, LLC
- Linda MacCracken, Vice President, Product Management, Healthcare & Science, Thomson Reuters
- David Marlowe, Principal, Strategic Marketing Concepts
- Jeff Goldsmith, PhD, President, Health Futures, Inc.
- David Meerman Scott, Marketing Strategist, Author, and Speaker
I hope to see you at the Summit! I’ll be blogging and Tweeting from the event. If you’re there, please come up and introduce yourself to me. One of my favorite aspects of these events is the opportunity to connect with people I’ve only met online.
Post by Dan Dunlop, The Healthcare Marketer