I belong to the Health 2.0 Group on LinkedIn and received notification today of “The Empowered Healthcare Conference 2009.” This is a conference “where attendees will learn how to make their voice heard in health care, how to advocate effectively for themselves and loved ones, how to protect themselves from medical errors and hospital infections and how to build successful health care teams.” Here’s the information about the conference, if you’ve got an interest:
- The Empowered Healthcare Conference
- May 16th, 2009 (8am to 5pm)
- Location: UCSF Mission Bay Campus, 1675 Owens Street, San Francisco, CA
- Speakers include Dr. Dean Ornish and 2007 Nobel Peace Prize winner Dr. Stephen Schneider
- More information: www.empoweredhealthcon.com
This is the first I’ve heard of this conference but it definitely strikes me as a sign of the times that there is a conference for patients and healthcare consumers to learn how to be their own best advocates. I expect to see more of these in the future.
Post by Dan Dunlop, The Healthcare Marketer