I’ve written previously about the Pink Glove Dance Video Competition. It has truly become a phenomenon within the healthcare industry. For me, it has hit very close to home with my client, Lexington Medical Center, winning the competition in 2011 and 2012. Now Medline has come out with an infographic celebrating the growth of this phenomenon.
Here are some interesting stats, some of which you’ll see represented in the infographic below:
- Pink Glove Dance participation continued to grow in 2012, with 80,000 people dancing
- 45 States participated in the competition, plus Canada and Puerto Rico
- Medline has raised $1.2 million to provide education and free mammograms to women in need
- In 2011, competition videos received 1 million YouTube views in 2 weeks
- In 2012, all competition videos received 1 million YouTube views in 48 hours
- In 2012, there were over 1,000 articles and TV spots about the Pink Glove Dance
To check out the infographic on Medline’s website, go to http://www.medline.com/special/aorn-2013/2013-03-01.html.